Disscusion about Zhenya's english Wikipedia

OFF topic in English

Postby clairdelalune » 06 Jul 2010, 14:26

Girls, I know I am offtopic, I am sorry, but I don´t know where to post this. It´s about Evgeni´s Wikipedia page (in English), it´s awful, skaters who retired long time ago, like Yagudin for example, have a better WP. Just a few (basic) information about his career, a sort of he won some titles, nothing special and that´s it! :plush29: :kli_ny: Can we do something about it?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evgeni_Plushenko

-------------------

edit cekoni - copied posts from other topic....

sosol wrote:I never saw his Wikipedia page, shame on me!! But if it's incomplete, sure, we can try to make it better, because it's a source of information most people seek very often.

sarahjev wrote:I agree with the Wikipedia idea, after all, we can't be everywhere fighting haters (we actually have a life, unlike them ::yaz-yk: ), but Wikipedia is a starting point for the majority of people out there, so, it must be better and more complete.
I don't know if you already have a plan, and I don't even have experience doing it, but I volunteer to help editing it if you are fine with it plush48
ImageImage
clairdelalune

Re: ДИСКУССИЯ по дисквалификации || DISSCUSION about SUSPENS

Postby clairdelalune » 08 Jul 2010, 11:02

Thanks for supporting my idea to improve Plushy´s Wikipedia page, the editors didn´t bother to write more about his career and his programs but they want to add that he rolled his eyes during the United States national anthem in Vancouver and he jumped over the gold platform!!!!!! :sh_ok: :ps_ih: Oh, yes!
ImageImage
clairdelalune

Postby cekoni » 08 Jul 2010, 13:07

GIRLS, about english Wikipedia :du_ma_et: ....

I talks with Dimi about that almost year ago, but we never find enough time to write the correct text.

There should not be to much "new" text - we can't alone put him there "forever", because is for that need "verification" from the "older" members of Wikipedia ... so, we need to be "smart", and change the text bit by bit :mi_ga_et:

Our main argument is (for "older" members of wiki which needs to approve changes) that this text should to be dealt only with Zhenya, not and with his opponents! (there is more about Yags and Lysacek, than about Zhenya) :sh_ок: :plush43:

So, first we need to do - we must remove Yags and Lysacek parts! :pa_la_ch: :-)

P.S. think about that, I will write later more details plush48
cekoni
Administrator

Re: ДИСКУССИЯ по дисквалификации || DISSCUSION about SUSPENS

Postby clairdelalune » 08 Jul 2010, 13:31

You reminded me that I want to write someday a WP about Plushy vs.Yags rivalry!!! ::yaz-yk: plush48 But I am too lazy! :plush34:
ImageImage
clairdelalune

Re: Disscusion about Zhenya's english Wikipedia

Postby dominique » 08 Jul 2010, 22:52

You are not the only one clairedelalune. We al are a little lazy. Thank god we have cekoni!!
dominique

Postby sarahjev » 09 Jul 2010, 07:34

cekoni wrote:Our main argument is (for "older" members of wiki which needs to approve changes) that this text should to be dealt only with Zhenya, not and with his opponents! (there is more about Yags and Lysacek, than about Zhenya) :sh_ок: :plush43:

I agree VERY much with this Cekoni, there are many information much more interesting to emphasize than the "rivarly" or the "Vancouver incident", like his achievements and contributions to the sport..... I guess we have to back any text we write with references or such so it gets approved more easily?
sarahjev

Postby Doll » 10 Jul 2010, 03:23

cekoni wrote:GIRLS, about english Wikipedia :du_ma_et: ....

I talks with Dimi about that almost year ago, but we never find enough time to write the correct text.

There should not be to much "new" text - we can't alone put him there "forever", because is for that need "verification" from the "older" members of Wikipedia ... so, we need to be "smart", and change the text bit by bit :mi_ga_et:

Our main argument is (for "older" members of wiki which needs to approve changes) that this text should to be dealt only with Zhenya, not and with his opponents! (there is more about Yags and Lysacek, than about Zhenya) :sh_ок: :plush43:

I concur with the above. It isn't written by a web administrator, but fans like you and I. We do need to come up with some "smart" information to update it. Thanks for all the information.
:plush45: Doll
Doll

Postby Ronja » 11 Dec 2010, 23:28

Hi girls :ro_za:
I've made some edits there. Hope it´s ok for you and also for those "old wiki-users". Well, at least no one re-edited them yet.
I´ve also edited Finnish Wikipedia-pages about Plushenko. There was some wrong information in there.

Oh girls, I would like to do SO MUCH MORE for our Zhenya, but the problem is language: only a some basics of Russian (I can understand a bit, but I do not know how to express myself in Russian), and I have also some difficulties with the English language, because I'm not experienced to write in english and also I´m some kind of a perfectionist, so I hate to misspell. :smu:sche_nie:

Love to you all from Finland, Ronja
Ronja

Postby cekoni » 12 Dec 2010, 04:13

RonjaSFin wrote:Hi girls :ro_za:
I've made some edits there. Hope it´s ok for you and also for those "old wiki-users". Well, at least no one re-edited them yet....

Oh, thanks Ronja! :plush40: I was too busy in recent months, and I completely forgot about the wiki. :sh_ок: :smu:sche_nie:

If is not dificult for you - add there "missing" parts from here: :plush45:
http://evgeni-plushenko.com/eng/about/

And... if you can make something about Lysacek and "cut" most of him :kli_ny: - this is still Plushy's page, not about Lys and comments other people about Plushy! :plush43:

Put please and Plushy's twitter in "External links": http://twitter.com/Evgeniplushenko

I hope that some hater will not again intervene and change something there :kli_ny: :plush47:

P.S. later we can change and his pic :plush34:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby Дарина » 02 Jan 2011, 03:55

RonjaSFin wrote:Hi girls :ro_za:
I've made some edits there. Hope it´s ok for you and also for those "old wiki-users". Well, at least no one re-edited them yet.
I´ve also edited Finnish Wikipedia-pages about Plushenko. There was some wrong information in there.

Oh girls, I would like to do SO MUCH MORE for our Zhenya, but the problem is language: only a some basics of Russian (I can understand a bit, but I do not know how to express myself in Russian), and I have also some difficulties with the English language, because I'm not experienced to write in english and also I´m some kind of a perfectionist, so I hate to misspell. :smu:sche_nie:

Love to you all from Finland, Ronja

Oh, thank you very much! :ro_za: I was so happy to read about his achievements in English Wikipedia! :plush41:

Girls, Plushy also was the first skater to perform donut spin (or doughnut spin or bagel spin). Would you please add it to Wikipedia article? :plush47:
Here's Mishin's interview where he told about this spin:
http://www.kingonice.com/interview24.htm
Evgeni is the first man that did Beilman, was the first to do “bagel spin” (donut spin), and was the first to do 4-3-2 and 4-3-3 combination. These elements even have his name, there is a “Plushenko-bagel” spin, one Chinese pairs coach said “next season we are going to include the Plushenko-jump-combination”.

In the Wikipedia article "Donut spin" we can see only Arakawa :-( :
http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Файл:Donut_spin.jpg
М. Плисецкая: "Пожалуй, Плющенко похож на Годунова. Тоже высокий, статный, эффектный, уверен в себе. Да и эти длинные развевающиеся на ветру и в пируэтах белые волосы. Такой же тип. И темперамент у него есть, и артистизм."
Дарина

Next

Return to Visitors' discussions