Мужчины || Men

Другие фигуристы, различные фигурнокатательные мероприятия || Other skaters and events without Evgeni

Re: Мужчины || Men

Postby cekoni » 11 Oct 2012, 12:32

http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=48513&type=media

Mahbanoozadeh to Compete at 2012 Hilton HHonors Skate America
Lysacek Withdraws Due to Injury

(10/10/12) - U.S. Figure Skating announced today that Armin Mahbanoozadeh will compete at 2012 Hilton HHonors Skate America, set for Oct. 19-21, at the ShoWare Center in Kent, Wash. Evan Lysacek, the 2010 Olympic champion, withdrew from Skate America due to a groin injury.

Mahbanoozadeh will make his third consecutive Skate America appearance. He won bronze at 2010 Skate America. The 2012 U.S. pewter medalist, Mahbanoozadeh began his season with a silver-medal finish at the 2012 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic in September.

"I have been training hard," Mahbanoozadeh said. "I'm excited, determined and ready to go. I am looking forward to competing next week."

Mahbanoozadeh will join Team USA members Jeremy Abbott, the 2012 U.S. champion, and Douglas Razzano in Kent. Other featured members of Team USA include U.S. champions Ashley Wagner (ladies), Caydee Denney & John Coughlin (pairs) and Meryl Davis & Charlie White (ice dancing).

Lysacek was scheduled to compete at Skate America as part of his return to competitive figure skating this season. He has not competed since winning his Olympic title in February 2010. Lysacek expects to compete at the 2013 Prudential U.S. Figure Skating Championships, Jan. 20-27, in Omaha, Neb.

-----------------------------------------------

http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skat ... um=twitter

Лайсачек из-за травмы снялся со «Скейт Америка»

Американский фигурист Эван Лайсачек из-за травмы паха отказался от участия в этапе Гран-при «Скейт Америка». Вместо него выступит Армин Махбанузаде.

Для Лайсачека этот турнир мог стать первым официальным стартом после победы на Олимпиаде-2010 в Ванкувере. На другие этапы Гран-при в текущем сезоне олимпийский чемпион не заявлен, сообщает АР.
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 11 Oct 2012, 12:34

http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skat ... 59582.html

Артур Гачинский: «До сих пор лечу спину»

Российский фигурист Артур Гачинский рассказал о выступлении на Кубке Федерации и сообщил, что залечивает травму спины.

«Главная задача, которую ставили на соревнованиях – проверить и понять, насколько удобны новые программы в плане расстановки элементов. И после выступления стало ясно, что кое-что надо менять. Результат был важен, но не настолько.

Дело в том, что я до сих пор лечу спину. Мне прописали курс из десяти процедур, и он еще не закончился. Делаю ультразвук, грязи. Потом надо будет показаться врачу – думаю, он назначит что-то дополнительно. Проблемы со спиной не означают, что мы намерены отказаться от участия в Гран-при», – цитирует Гачинского «Весь спорт».
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 12 Oct 2012, 14:32

@SarahandDrew:

From Lysacek:
"I’d love another practice before... January so I’ve asked USFS to work on finding another assignment for me internationally. Not a GP, there are several other internationals and hopefully one of those will work. I’ll hope to get that minimum quali score."

http://www.icenetwork.com/news/article. ... y=ice_news

Eager Lysacek views injury as 'minor setback'
Skater looking to compete internationally in order to meet ISU technical minimums

(10/11/2012) - Olympic gold medalist Evan Lysacek has had to push back his comeback plans, withdrawing from the upcoming 2012 Hilton HHonors Skate America with a groin injury on Wednesday, but in an interview with icenetwork.com, he said he hopes to be back on the ice at an international event in early December.

Lysacek, who has not competed since winning the gold medal in Vancouver in 2010, has a couple options available to him -- he could compete at either the NRW Trophy in Dortmund, Germany (Dec. 5-9) or at the Golden Spin of Zagreb (Dec. 13-16) -- and said he is awaiting word from U.S. Figure Skating as to where and when he might be able to skate.

"I'd like to know yesterday," Lysacek said. "I'm just waiting to hear."

Lysacek reiterated his plans to compete at the 2013 Prudential U.S. Figure Skating Championships, set for Jan. 20-27 in Omaha, Neb. As the reigning Olympic champion, Lysacek can compete at nationals without having to go through regionals or sectionals. (The rule states that a skater who earned a medal at the most recent Olympic Winter Games gets byed through to the U.S. Championships.)

The 2013 World Championships, set for March 10-17 in London, Ontario, however, are a different matter. For that event, Lysacek would have to meet the minimum technical elements scores (35 points for the men's short program and 65 for the men's free skate) at least once in any international competition on the 2011-12 or 2012-13 ISU calendar.

Racking up the necessary points shouldn't be the hard part for Lysacek, who earned technical scores of 48.30 and 84.57 in the short program and free skate, respectively, in Vancouver. Being injury-free and finding the right time to skate two programs at an ISU event are the difficult part of the equation. If the events in early December do not work out, there are other options, including the 2013 Challenge Cup in The Hague, Netherlands (Feb. 21-24), but that would be bumping close to worlds, and, ideally, Lysacek would like to showcase his new programs before nationals.

His coach, Frank Carroll, said he was not sure where or when Lysacek might compete, saying, "I hadn't been too concerned about that because I thought he would be competing at Skate America."

Lysacek, who is aiming to compete in the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Sochi (which would mark his third trip to the Olympic Games), said he suffered the injury in late July while warming up during a session in Lake Arrowhead, Calif. Although he felt the injury right away, he said he continued skating because it didn't appear to be too serious.

"I skated for a few days," he said before pausing and then adding, "Until I couldn't skate anymore. Or walk."

He took time off and underwent physical therapy to try to get healthy again but said he ran out of time to compete at Skate America.

"All athletes are looking for their limits and trying to see how far they can push their bodies," Lysacek said. "I tried to get things healed, and when I came back to the ice, I think my eagerness to get ready for Skate America was high.

"But we're only athletes; we're not gladiators, or warriors or robots. We're flesh and bone, and all of this pounding takes its toll on our bodies. Figure skating is just a tough sport."

Lysacek had entered Skate America and Trophée Eric Bompard in France last season but also withdrew.

Still, in the big picture, Lysacek is looking at this injury as "probably a minor setback" but added that he wanted to be "really careful" about staying healthy.

"I'm still looking forward to the rest of the season, and I'm happy to be back and training," Lysacek said. "Every little postponement makes me that much more excited for when I do get back and compete."

Carroll said: "It is too bad. He was looking forward to doing this. But life goes on."
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 12 Oct 2012, 14:40

Weir rearing to get back into ‘dog and pony’ show
October 12, 2012 - by Tatjana Flade :
http://www.goldenskate.com/2012/10/weir ... pony-show/
cekoni
Administrator

Postby Nat7 » 12 Oct 2012, 23:17

Yuzuru Hanyu -Finlandia Trophy 2012 занял первое место.

Какое великолепное выступление! Молодец!!
2 четверных - тулуп и сальхов

Nat7

Postby cekoni » 18 Oct 2012, 00:02

Брайан Жубер: интервью для Radio Bleu Poitou, перевод на русский:
http://maisondejoubert.livejournal.com/129748.html

Brian Joubert: Interview for Radio Bleu Poitou, translation to English:
http://maisondejoubert.livejournal.com/129462.html
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 25 Oct 2012, 15:05

http://adrianschultheiss.com/news/12_13/october/25.html

Back Surgery Once Again for Adrian Schultheiss

Adrian will undergo another surgery for his back today.

It was after the short program at Finlandia Trophy earlier this month, that Adrian started to experience minor pain in his spine. During recent practice sessions it got worse. X-rays confirm another herniated disc, right above the last one that was operated on. Surgery is necessary since there's pressure on a nerve affecting his left leg and making it painful to move.

In order for Adrian to be able to continue skating, this is the best solution. Adrian says it's hard, but he accepts the situation for what it is.
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 30 Oct 2012, 03:57

On his way for the "Ultimate Yuzuru HANYU"
Our Japanese correspondent Aiko interviewed Yuzuru HANYU @ 2012 Finlandia Trophy. :
http://www.japanskates.com/interviews/Y ... iew_en.htm
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 31 Oct 2012, 18:55

http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta/Fig ... mmunitetom

У Гачинского проблемы с иммунитетом

Серебряный призер чемпионата Европы российский фигурист Артур Гачинский проходит в данный момент медицинское обследование с целью выявить причины ослабления иммунной системы.

- Неудачный результат Артура на этапе Гран-при в Канаде объясняется тем, что он испытывал серьезную усталость уже к середине программ, — приводит слова тренера Гачинского Алексея Мишина РИА Новости. — У него ослаблена иммунная система. В настоящее время Артур проходит медицинское обследование, чтобы выяснить причины заболевания. Надеюсь, что это временные возрастные проблемы и что в ближайшее время он вновь сможет кататься в полную силу.

Напомним, что на Skate Canada Гачинский стал девятым.

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post:
lala630312 (31 Oct 2012, 19:13)
Rating: 4.17%

cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 01 Nov 2012, 01:59

http://skatebuzz.com/ViewNewsArticle.as ... b7310e26f8

Rest of men's figure skating field may be catching up to Patrick Chan
Oct 28, 2012 By THE CANADIAN PRESS

WINDSOR, Ont. _ Barely a year out from the 2014 Sochi Olympics, the rest of the world may be catching up to Patrick Chan.

The two-time world champion was handily beaten by Spain's Javier Fernandez at Skate Canada International on Saturday night, marking Chan's first loss in a major international event in nearly two years.

The 21-year-old from Toronto is known for shaky starts to the season, and is still adapting to the major overhaul he made in the off-season that included a new lead coach in Kathy Johnson and new choreographers.

But Brian Orser _ Canada's two-time Olympic silver medallist and Fernandez's coach _ warns that Chan is looking more vulnerable than ever.

``All these guys, not just Javier, they are all figuring out what it is they need to beat him,'' Orser said. ``And it's not just the quads but it's the skating skills, it's the program and the packaging _ everything. Everyone is kind of getting it.

``When you're a leader in something, when Elvis (Stojko) was doing all the quads he was kind of unbeatable for a while. But then, it was like, OK, I guess we have to do quads. Now everybody is learning how to skate.''....

Chan's second-place finish raised some alarm bells coming a few weeks after he finished sixth out of six at the Japan Open, falling four times during a disastrous long program.

Chan fell on his triple Axel on Saturday, and touched a hand down on his quad jump. Fernandez fell on his opening quad, but subsequently landed two more huge ones.

Mike Slipchuk, Canada's high performance director, said Orser's right, that any distance Chan had on the rest of the field is dwindling.

``The men's category has really tightened up, it's kind of shaping up as it was going into Vancouver where you have a handful of people on any given day who can win,'' Slipchuk said.

``The field is catching up, or is there, and just the technical arsenal of so many skaters. . . we had eight here doing a quad.

``And with Javier doing three quads, that's the direction the men's is going, and when you're starting to see that, those are big numbers to overcome. Patrick needs to have two good solid skates because there's no room for error anymore.''

At the season-opening Skate America earlier this month, Japanese teenager Yuzuru Hanyu _ who's also coached by Orser _ broke Chan's world scoring record in the short program.

Chan, who will next compete at the Cup of Russia in Moscow, Nov.9-11, said he was taking the week's results as a good learning experience leading into a pre-Olympic season that includes a world championship on home ice in London, Ont., in March.

He said he wasn't second-guessing his decision to leave longtime choreographer Lori Nichol to work with Jeff Buttle and David Wilson.

And he believes his change in coaches was for the best _ his coach Christy Krall, credited with teaching Chan the quad, resigned after the world championships last spring.

He's confident in his chances of hitting the top of the podium in Sochi, even among a strengthened field that should include Russian star Evgeni Plushenko and Olympic champion Evan Lysacek of the U.S. Both are making comebacks.

``I know going into the Olympics that all I have to do is lay down my jumps. If I lay down my jumps no one can beat me,'' Chan said.
cekoni
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Мир фигурного катания || Figure Skating