Search found 2 matches

Return

Re: Дискуссии о Жене || Discussion about Plushy

First of all, I want to say, that I am a big fan of Evgeni Plushenko’s skating.

When I saw him on TV the first time, I couldn’t believe, that a man is able to skate like this – absolutely fantastic, these quick moves only with the legs, the incredible jumps, the perfect priourettes, the art of melting with the Music and not to forget his various expressions in the face, either honest or funny, which we love so much.
I have not watched his career all the time, but after he retired a few days ago, I started looking videos, showing Evgeni’s competitions on youtube. Belive me, it took me a strong effort to leave my PC and stop looking this wonderful videos, because I was so fascinated again.

BUT – only to say, „Evgeni is the greatest skater ever“, is not the reason why I made my registration to write here.

I think it is A VERY BIG STEP, - after going onto the ice, making ready for the short programm, feeling the pain and realising that there is the opportunity, either to win one more olympic medal and become a superhero or maybe to be seriously injured -, to say - NO I CHOOSE MY HEALTH.

By helping to win the goldmedal with the russian team, Evgeni Plushenko did the job, everbody expected.“ He did it for Russia and for his fans, and at least for himself“ that is what he said on eurosport. After all his injuries and operations this goldmedal makes him to a hero.
But the ice-ferderation(?) and the people want more, they want a superhero, who wins totally injured in his back another olympic medal. – I don’t think, that he was really forced to take part at the individual men’s competiton – but the pressure was extremley high.
Maybe he made a mistake, not having retired, after the team competition, so that this other young russian skater could make his first experiances at the olympic games. But we all make mistakes every day and who can estimate the outstanding pressure in this Situation.

BUT as I wrote before –with the decision, to hear to his body, to accept, that there is a limit, TO CHOOSE THE HEALTH, HE GAVE A COURAGEOUS SIGN.
AND AS A PERSON WITH HIS PROFILE HE SENDS A VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO ATHLETS, WHO ARE IN A SIMILAR POSITION.

For me this is the most important fact about Evgeni Plushenko’s withdrawal and this makes him to me even more likeable.
I wish him a total recovery an a happy further life.

Greetings to all
From Vienna
by Paulina
19 Feb 2014, 00:34

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Пресса, интервью|| Press about Evgeni ON Ice

Ja schade, dass er nicht mehr bei Wettkämpfen zu sehen ist - aber war ja schon absehbar, nach seinem letzten Auftritt in Sotchi.

Der Rücken und er hat wohl alles versucht, um noch einmal anzutreten, schade hätte gerne gesehen, wie er sich im Vergleich zu anderen beweist.

Sein Traum- er hat 2010 nicht Gold gewonnen und deshalb hat er alles offen gelassen.
Viel Glück für die Zukunft, aber da braucht man sich ja eh keine Sorgen machen.
by Paulina
01 Apr 2017, 01:31

Jump to forum
Jump to topic